Thursday, August 22, 2013

Africa Itinerary!

Less than two days until I leave for Africa and I can hardly sit still. In fact, this entire week I have been restless and have had trouble focusing on anything other than my trip. I have probably annoyed the hell out of Daniella by constantly asking her last minute questions and my dad who has helped me get in contact with the relatives I will be visiting...but I just can't help it. I'm excited.

Although nothing is set in stone yet, here is the most current itinerary I have planned (subject to change). I'm sure you'll notice that there aren't many details yet, which will have to come after the trip is over, I'm afraid:

Saturday, August 24th
-Depart SFO
-Layover in Atlanta
-Depart Atlanta for Johannesburg

Sunday, August 25th
-Arrive in Johannesburg and spend night in hotel

Monday, August 26th
-Depart Johannesburg for Maun
-Arrive in Maun and see Daniella!

Tuesday, August 27th-Friday, August 30th
-Hang out/explore Maun with Daniella

Friday, August 30th
-Take bus to Chobe National Park
-Stay at a super nice safari lodge that will be available to us free of charge

Saturday, August 31st
-Go on a safari and a sunset river cruise on the Chobe River
-Return to Maun

Sunday, September 1st
-Take long bus ride to Johannesburg

Monday, September 2nd-Wednesday, September 4th
-Visit my relatives in Johannesburg
-Visit Apartheid museum in Johannesburg
-Visit Cradle of Humankind outside the city

Thursday, September 5th-Friday, September 6th
-Hike in the Drakensburg Escarpment

Saturday, September 7th
-Say farewell to Daniella and depart Johannesburg for Cape Town
-Arrive in Cape Town

Saturday, September 7th-Monday, September 9th
-Explore Cape Town and visit relatives

Tuesday, September 10th
-Depart Cape Town for Johannesburg, then depart Johannesburg for Atlanta

Wednesday, September 11th
-Layover in Atlanta
-Depart Atlanta for SFO
-Arrive home



No comments :

Post a Comment